Whether you are a buyer and need to sell your home first, a seller preparing to list your home, or a homeowner just looking to make a few low-cost upgrades, make your home more appealing with these quick and easy tips:
- Plant bushes in the front yard that add color and texture.
- Buy a new doormat.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Put new doorknobs on your front door.
- Put a fresh coating on your driveway.
- Reseed your grassy areas or lay new sod.
- Add crown molding or chair rails to a room or rooms.
- Buy new storage bins/baskets for the Living Room or Office, where items tend to pile up.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade your outside lighting.
- Use warm, incandescent light bulbs for a homey feel.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Repaint your exterior trim.
- Put out potpourri or burn scented candles.
- Buy new pillows for the sofa.
- Buy a flowering plant and put in a window you pass by frequently.
- Make a centerpiece for your table with fruit or artifical flowers.
- Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let in more light.
- Buy new decorative towels for common bathrooms.
- Put a seasonal wreath on your door.
If you enjoyed reading this article, subscribe here
to receive the next one we post by email!